Sunday, February 15, 2015

Days 41,42 and 43

We have been in the same cycle for the past three days:

Finish the robot.
Test the robot.
Find a problem.
Fix the robot.
Finish the robot.

And over and over again.

We found out that the RC claw vibrated unlike any other, so we added masses to the end of the Acme rod, and now only the motor vibrates, so we are working on a damper to fix that as a well.

The elevator also would not lift more than one tote due to binding, so we have changed the rods to reduce binding and replaced sliders with rollers. This will finish getting put on tomorrow, and hopefully that will work, and then we will finally be ready to test and have a fully complete robot.