We also discussed the advantages and disadvantages of each one. We finally decided to go with tank drive for the following reasons:
- Tank Drive has more room for subsystems
- Tank Drive has more pushing power
- Tank Drive is more accurate in autonomous (mecanum wheels slip)
- The switch and scale are big this year, so the ability to strafe isn’t as valuable.
For the rest of the meeting, our subteams continued designing and prototyping. Some subteams will begin building prototypes tomorrow.
- There's no school on Monday the 15th, but we will be meeting from 9 to 4.
- Tomorrow's meeting will end at 7 instead of 6 (Please check the calendar for meeting times).
- Thanks to all the parents who've brought food! But, we still need dinner on January 16th and January 19th. You can sign up here.